A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 0 users online
- 9 users / day
- 64 users / week
- 97 users / month
- 253 users / 6 months
- 54 subscribers
- 2.02K Posts
- 9.13K Comments
free speech ≠ hate speech
Be warned. The erroneous belief that “free speech” is a right wing concept is exactly the lie right wing lunatics want you to believe. it suits them very nicely.
right wing loonies have a long history of hijacking and destroying empathetic terms like this.
if they believed in freedom or free speech, why is it always them who are burning and banning books? why are they always the ones trying to control other people’s bodies? when they talk about freedom, they mean their freedom to take yours away.
should we let them kill yet another canary of a healthy society? that’s a different discussion. but it would be a substantial error to assume anyone who won’t let them hijack it are actually right wing.
I don’t think the EFF means this in the “let only nazis speak” kind of way.